Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Its been a couple of day's and surprisingly i haven't done to much cooking. See i'm a secratary at a Chiropractors office and that means, I sit...and then i come home and watch doctor who with my husband. I sit some more. I mean i do a lot while i sit, like writing, trying to create new recipes and planning my little brothers birthday party. (which will be epic, mind you) But after awhile of doing nothing but sitting, your bottom starts looking more like a pancake then a butt.

So I decided to do something about it. Me and my husband started off into the sunlight and walked the two miles to the park. The whole while we would pick a house and try to guess what kind of people lived there judging by their front yard. When we reached the park it was alive with people, a little girls party raged by the play ground, a couple lay kissing under some tree's and to my ultimate amusment there were two girls and a boy doing kickboxing.

We decided to do random pictures. Like "act like your an avenger!"  or "Be a model!"  Here's my problem...I take very VERY bad model pictures. Seeing how i have the grace of an elephant on skates, it's hard to make me look pretty in pictures. William does great Avenger poses though ;)

So a recipe...If you live where i do most people know what "funeral potatoes" are, but the more i talk to people outside my little state the more i realize not everyone knows what they are! This is a tragedy that if i can i would love to fix. See they are one of my many food addictions.


Funeral Potatoes

 You'll need:

8 potatoes baked (I normally through them in the microwave for about 15-20 minutes) And skinned (once their baked you can just peel the skin right off them)
(*tip: It's better if you peel the skin off them when their cooled down. (I don't like third degree burns and i'm guessing you don't either) You can cook them the day before and just leave them on the counter or throw them in the fridge for a few minutes.)

2 c. sour cream
2 cans of cream of chicken soup (just normal size, I always get the generic brand)
3 T. of butter melted
3/4 cup of cheese ( or if your like me just throw it in by the handful and until it looks cheesy enough for you.)
Cornflakes + 2 T of melted butter  (Optional)

So first pre heat your oven to the basic 350. While that heats up go ahead and grate those potatoes in a bigish bowl. It shouldn't take long, then dump everything in, like all at once (I found if you don't stir everything in at the same time you stir it to much and it makes the potatoes more like mashed potatoes) Then pack it in a 9x13 foil line pan (You can grease it i just don't like the clean up so i use foil) Top evenly with the buttered cornflakes if you wish  and pop it in the oven for 30-40 minutes.

And presto chango you have a meal, a cheap easy meal and tell me...who doesn't want that? Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment