Sunday, June 16, 2013

34 Weeks and a Room!

34 weeks....I can't believe it. Actually I kind of can lol, in many ways it seems like I've been pregnant for forever. I can hardly believe that in a few weeks I will be a mother. I always dreamed of that sort of thing but to actually be one, is rather well... overwhelming.



 I'm rather envious of Will at the current moment. His biggest fear is that her favorite Disney princess will someday be Snow White.

Addie is a wiggle worm! And also stubborn, or maybe shy. In every single ultrasound that girl refuses to show her face, no matter how much we poke and prod her! However when she isn't in front of the "Camera" she's a little ninja! Especially at night...I'm really praying that, that is not a trend that will continue once's she's out! So far on all the check ups she seems to be doing great and I actually am gaining weight at a decent rate! Yay me :)

Will and I have gone on many adventures including seeing our Texas family (Hi guys!) in order to see Will's brother Garrett's Seminary Graduation. I had a mini baby shower in Texas (Thanks Becky!) and than my main one in St. George a couple weeks later (Thanks Mimi & Ellyse!) We got lots and lots of clothes! Addie is going to be one well dressed baby. And I have to admit, I'm torn between being jealous of how many clothes she has and grateful cause I get to play dress up with them (She's going to look fabulous!) (she has another drawer full of clothes to!)













 While we were in St. George we swung by and saw my family and actually got to spend some time in a pool. Pools are awesome when you preggers. Really the whole "weightlessness" thing rocks. While we were there we stopped at Target to grab some stuff and saw these babies! Did we get them? Heck yes we did. I really want to try them out with some pink lemonaid so they look like more legit dentures. Oh the things one loves when they are weird and devious.

So lately I think I've been suffering from nesting. I clean the house several times each day and have this strange compulsion to organize everything in sight. Addie's bedroom (which was kind of our storage room before) took me a total of 13 hours just to organize!  But she has half a closet now which is the best I could do and honestly I don't think she's going to pop out of the womb and rage at me because she doesn't have enough closet space lol.

Her room is pretty much finished though :) all we need are some curtains and a nightlight and we are golden. Wanna see pictures? Sure you do! Pictures are much more interesting than me talking. So here is wall one, I have the pictures I painted and a couple of shadow boxes. One of the shadow boxes is covering the super highly attractive thermostat cause...well I didn't like it. She doesn't have a lot of floor space either so having a toy box was kind of impractical. I saw a similar basket on Pintrest but those baskets were only 14" and 22 bucks a basket! (yikes!) so I went to good old Home Depot and got a 28" "Trough" for 18 bucks. Much better :)

















 Here is the Crib Side of the room. All woodsy and cozy and plus Big bear is rocking his top hat ;)




I'm far enough into my pregnancy I feel like I can offically start to voice my views on the whole experiance. Pregnancy is hard, unless your a magical pregnancy unicorn that has a super great pregnancy (in that case congrats to you!) Pregnancy is on of the most physically and metally exsausting things I have ever done. There are months of physical ups and downs between morning sickness, pelvic pain and lack of the blessed Advil. At the end you start to just feel beat up and think longingly of just how great you use to feel before your body was inhabited by another human being.

Then there is the mental part. Ladies hormones freakin rage when your pregnant. One minute you will wake up and glance lovingly at your kind and wonderful husband and the next second you want to beat him soundly with your pillow because he is sleeping there peacefully while you have to get up for the millionth time to pee. Illogical? Yes. Am I betting the majority of women around the world have felt this way at some point? Also yes. Also there is the pressure of all the do's and don'ts of pregnancy and the fear that if you mess up that you will somehow ruin your child forever and it will be all your fault. Plus the realization that everything you know about your world is going to change. It's a lot to take in!

But here is what I think stops pregnancy from being a total nightmare...for the first time you get to help god with a miracle. You help build the most important parts of his eternal plan. A body. It's what we fought for and essential to everything and you are given the power to create one. How amazing is that? Then you start to feel this pull of affection towards your little bean even though you haven't even seen them yet and it get's you through all the rough parts because you realize it's for them and suddenly that's all that really matters anymore. Is that they are ok and healthy. 

Slowly you begin to realize you are going to be a part of something so much bigger than you ever imagined.

I'm so grateful for my little girl, I'm so grateful for my husband who has been amazing throughout this whole thing, and I'm grateful for all those who have shown their constant love and support. Thanks for reading. -NaKya

1 comment:

  1. You look awesome prego lady! Addie is such a cute name. She will looove her room. Amen, amen, and amen to everything you said. I have a love/hate relationship with pregnancy. Hang in there. Just a few more weeks! The best is yet to come and you will handle it just like the rest of us. :) Hehe You'll rock this mama stuff!

    ReplyDelete