Thursday, April 4, 2013

23 Weeks, Kicks and Toadstools




23 Weeks...and still not really showing it according to the world. Its strange though cause for me I'm starting to feel bulbous. I'm looking at my belly button that has always stuck properly inwards and am watching in borderline horror as it start to become more and more shallow. I keep on trying to tell it that it is not a turkey timer. But that's the problem with inanimate things, they tend not to listen. Perhaps it's because they have no ears. 






Our little girl is starting to move now. I've felt her for the last couple of weeks and for some reason the more still and relaxed I am the more she seems to wiggle. I'm not for sure if it is because she likes me moving or if I just notice it more since I'm not doing anything. She also likes to stay in the tightest place available to her. I know that she can move up a little but she like to kick and wiggle right around my hipbones still so no one can really feel her move. She kicked for her daddy a couple of weeks ago but he just didn't know what he was looking for so he kept saying he didn't feel her but now she is kicking hard enough I had Sir William try again and he could feel her. It was such a magical moment for the both of us. He just kept saying over and over again. "That's our little girl! I can feel her move!"



I have had a couple people asking about pregnancy cravings. Despite what the media says most women do NOT live off of pickles and ice cream. For me I haven't even had a craving that is consistent except maybe cereal. I eat cereal like nobody's business, not a certain kind, just cereal. I've also had several people ask how I've been feeling and honestly second trimester rocks. 


I mean I don't feel normal but seriously being able to eat food again and not gagging at every smell is heaven. I could create a lovely ballad about the second trimester, but I won't. Or maybe I will but I won't make you all suffer through it lol. So far the only (mild) downside to the second trimester is that I've been soooo tired. I think part of it is the pregnancy and part of it is the stress of everything that is going on right now. I'm not going to spill my guts online about everything that's going on but it really is a lot for this little pregnant lady. I know everything will be ok but with everything that is going on sometimes I just wish I'd stop getting pep talks from everyone I talk to and just have them listen and tell my I'm not crazy to be stressed out about what's going on. That's if it were them that they would be worried to. (I guess I'm weird like that, if everything is going wrong I just want someone to understand) Sorry there is my one little rant. I promise I won't do it again in this blog entry :) Still I guess I'd rather have pep talks than think that nobody cares at all. So for everyone who has been there for me. Thank you so much. (Also I would just like to add a special thanks to my lovely sister in law that came to my rescue with some great harvest bread, I'm a sucker for good bread it's hard to cry while eating hot cin bread smothered in butter) (Engh what can I say I'm a food person) 

We have our little girls room mostly set up! Now we just need to decorate! Me and Will are pretty into secret themes if we can get away with it. Our own room is roughly based off of the lion king. With dark wood and the colors are a burnt orange, yellow and brown. The only thing that kind of gives it away is the painting of pride rock that I did. It's classy and adult like. I love subtlety where a room looks cozy and sophisticated and you don't really notice the theme unless you look around and go "OH!". We thought about our little girls room and decided in princess Disney movies about 90% of them share one thing. The forest. So we are doing a woodland theme for her. I'm thinking greens, browns and rich red. Red because I like toadstools, I think they are adorable and they make me think of gnomes. No one is going to tell me I can't put toadstools in her room. We figured with a forest theme she can decide what princess she wants to be (also


the colors are easily adaptable for a boy's room which is a plus.)


Hmmm well that's about it. I can't think of much else to say so till next blog post cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are a totally normal hormonal pregnant lady. :) hehe I really am excited for you. And just the thought of becoming a parent is enough to make one stressed. I like the forest bedroom idea. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your pregnancy and that you're having a girl! Second trimester does rock I must agree! I'm only a few weeks ahead of you and we're having a boy so our babies will be around the same age! (This is Nikki Bybee (Wardell) since I'm sure you wouldn't know who "The Bybee's" are.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Thanks Jessie and Congrats Nikki that's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete